Dries My Sack: Career Paths

Welcome to the next entry in my, ongoing, op-ed. This series is titled "Dries My Sack" and can be compared to the Grinds My Gears segment in Family Guy Presents - Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story. As I find things in life that piss me off, they'll become part of this series. The title for the series comes from a joke my father made while kayaking. I have a "Dry Sack" for keeping things dry during water sports and he made the joke that I should see a doctor. There you go...


Yes, I am intentionally using a watermarked stock image.
You know what really dries my sack?

People that complain about being "stuck in" a particular career path.

Nobody is "stuck".  Nobody is forced to work at Walmart or McDonald's.

I am absolutely in support of companies paying a living wage but to say that a position like a Walmart greeter is anything more than an entry level position is ludicrous.

Nobody is forcing you to be a Walmart greeter or a burger flipper.

You CHOOSE to work where you work.  There are always other options.  You're just too lazy to pursue them.

Positions like that of a burger flipper are supposed to be an entry level, part time job for kids in high-school and college.  They are not meant to be career choices.

If you don't like what you get paid or your boss or the job you're at, do something about it.

There are always options.

Nobody is STUCK.  That's a bullshit excuse.

You choose to stay in a job for which you are underpaid and you dislike.

And that's what really dries my sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment