Dries My Sack: The UNITED States of America?

WARNING!  WARNING!  WARNING! This Post may offend you.  This post contains sensitive subject matter and offensive language.  If you've ever read another post of mine or followed me on social media, you know how big of a deal this warning is.  Continue at your own risk.  Yes.  I'm serious.


Welcome to the next entry in my, ongoing, op-ed. This series is titled "Dries My Sack" and can be compared to the Grinds My Gears segment in Family Guy Presents - Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story. As I find things in life that piss me off, they'll become part of this series. The title for the series comes from a joke my father made while kayaking. I have a "Dry Sack" for keeping things dry during water sports and he made the joke that I should see a doctor. There you go...

United my ass.
You know what really dries my sack?

The fact that we still claim to be the UNITED States of America.

This one's gonna hurt folks.  Strap in.

I have had the thought of this post in my queue for almost a year now but never got around to writing it.

In 2018, a majority are fighting for love and equality and a loud minority are fighting against it.

In 2018.

People are actually fighting against equality.

I was on my morning walk/jog/run (don't judge me) and I had my awesome Bluetooth earbuds in which means the music is playing so far into my brain that I can feel it in my nerve endings.  It's euphoric.

I digress.

A song came on that usually just increases my pace a bit and I don't really ever pay attention to.  It was released in 2003 by one of the damn catchiest bands of all time.  The song is How Far We've Come by Matchbox 20.  It's a great song by a great band but like I said, I don't ever really pay attention when I am working out.

Today was different because I was using my earbuds instead of playing through my phone speakers.

All the outside sounds were drowned out.

It was only Rob's sexy vocals and my eager eardrums.

The song got me thinking about this very post and I began writing it in my mind while working out.  I was getting angry and walking faster and faster.

What did it?

The chorus.

The lyrics go like this:

But I believe the world is burning to the ground
Oh well, I guess we're gonna find out
Let's see how far we've come
Let's see how far we've come
Well I, believe, it all, is coming to an end
Oh well, I guess, we're gonna pretend,
Let's see how far we've come
Let's see how far we've come
LET'S SEE HOW FAR WE'VE COME... 

That got me thinking.

How far have we come?

The United States of America was formed in 1776. We the People created a Declaration of Independence showing England that we would not tolerate bullshit any longer.

Have you read it?  You should.  Go ahead.  CLICK HERE for the full text.  It opens a new tab.  I will wait.

Let's look at the one sentence you probably remember from elementary school:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
We hit a lot of road blocks after that.  Civil War.  Slavery.  Women voting.  The list goes on but you can read a history book.

Let's fast forward to shy of our 250th birthday (242 years to be exact).

How far have we come in 250 years?

NOT A GOD DAMN BIT!

I could spend the next week writing examples of why but I don't have that time.  You know what the fuck is happening.

We elected (somehow) the most racist, egotistical, sexist dickhead as the leader of the free world.

We now argue over whether it's okay to bully teenage shooting massacre survivors.

We now argue about whether women should make as much as men for doing the same job.

We now argue over whether two men, in love, should get to be married.

We now argue over whether a woman can handle her own body parts.

We now argue about whether or not a human being deserves healthcare.

We now argue about whether or not we should tear down monuments of hate.

We now argue over whether or not someone's gender has any affect on our lives.

We now argue about whether a woman is at fault for being sexually harassed.

We now argue over whether a white police officer has probable cause to shoot a black teenager in his own backyard 20+ times.

We now argue about whether or not banning assault rifles or making it more difficult for criminals to obtain guns is more important than the lives of our children.

We now argue over whether we should fucking help the needy.

What in the ever-living fuck happened to
Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
 Now it's, build a wall, deport the families, let em die, help nobody, start a war, throw a fucking parade for ourselves.

I wouldn't think that any of those things were something I would ever have to argue about.

We were a once proud country and now we are a flaming dumpster fire full of shitty people and I am ashamed to be an American today.

Ashamed.

We may not be whipping black men in the field but every single woman, gay person, trans person, and minority is a slave.

It's 2018 and we haven't fucking moved.

It makes me sad and it makes me sick and it's your fault for not doing a damn thing about it.  It's my fault for not doing enough.  It's everyone who didn't vote in 2016's fault.

Because yes, that orange crusted asshole in the white house and his dumb as fuck minions breed this hatred and it festers and it grows.  And if you find yourself at any point during this post saying "now wait a minute. maybe X is because Y" then you are part of the problem and you are, absolutely, one of the bad guys.

Pull your head out of your ass and stop giving the divisive government officials and Fox News dipshits and ignorant backwater racists a pass.

I'm angry and you should be too.

There is no swamp draining.  There is no good happening in our government today and if we don't speak up, this country and the principles it was founded on will fall through the cracks and we will absolutely end up on the losing side.  That means destruction.

If you're not angry, you're wrong.  Plain and simple.

We may not be shouting NIGGER anymore but our mentality is the fucking same and we should burn for it.

And that's what really dries my sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment