Dries My Sack: People That Don't Understand The Internet

Welcome to the next entry in my, ongoing, op-ed. This series is titled "Dries My Sack" and can be compared to the Grinds My Gears segment in Family Guy Presents - Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story. As I find things in life that piss me off, they'll become part of this series. The title for the series comes from a joke my father made while kayaking. I have a "Dry Sack" for keeping things dry during water sports and he made the joke that I should see a doctor. There you go...

The Internet

You know what really dries my sack?

People that don't understand the internet.

Now, before you get all huffy, I don't mean the person that doesn't get the science behind how the internet physically works.  You're not expected to know that.

I am talking about the dumbasses that post things on a public forum like Facebook or Twitter or the comment section of any website and then complain when people comment on it.

If you follow me on social media, you will often find me commenting on somebody else's posts and offering a not-so-subtle opinion on the subject at hand.

If the person that posted is a particularly horrible person, which most are, you will find me using words that my mother calls mean.

Here's the scoop:

THE INTERNET IS A PUBLIC FORUM.

When you post something online, it is public.  Some of these jackasses don't understand that and when they get told they are being an "entitled, spoiled, whining, ignorant, complaining twat monkey" for posting a complaint about a company not giving them free shit because of X, Y, or Z, that they deserve it.

Do not tell me to "mind your own business" or "butt out".

You made it my business when you put it on the internet.

In light of recent discoveries by the majority that still thought the internet was a safe place that we are nothing more than a product for sites like Facebook, you would think these people would stop posting dumbass shit.

Say it again with me:

THE INTERNET IS A PUBLIC FORUM.

If you post stupid things online, I am going to call you out for it.  If you tell me to mind my own business, I am going to destroy you in a way that makes the Big Bang look like a pixie fart.

Be warned, This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. I am not your King.

I have no filter when it comes to stupidity and if you doubt that, go back and read my blog entries starting with this one.

Stop posting on the internet and then complaining when you get called out for what you post.

If you do, you still don't understand the internet and that's what really dries my sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment