3 New Breweries to Review

Hey gang, I have been letting these blog posts pile up without actually typing them out and hitting publish.

As an apology, I offer a review of 3 breweries today!  You can check out all of my other brewery reviews here.

Rescue Brewing Company
The first review is for Rescue Brewing Company.  First, they have an awesome mission of supporting first responders and dogs and I just think that's swell!  That alone is enough to make me want to spend money there.

That being said, they are located in downtown Upland which CAN mean terrible parking, though I had no issues on my visit.  They have a few places to eat nearby and sometimes you can even get the local joints to deliver.

The tasting room is a cool place with clean lines and adequate seating.  The beer is spot on for what I want in a craft brewery.  There is variety on top of variety here and all of the beers I sampled were tasty.

All in all, it's worth a visit.

My next review is for Innovations Brew Works located on the campus of Cal Poly Pomona.  You read that correctly.  It's on a college campus and the place is staffed by college students.

Students have the opportunity to learn about and make their own beer.  This does lead to an inconsistency in quality.  I asked the brew master about an odd tasting blonde and he said someone probably used the wrong hops.

The tasting room is a good size and the patio is nice.  They also have a kitchen and are known for pizzas.  I enjoyed half of the beers I tried a lot and another quarter were certainly drinkable.  For the way the place operates, I think their beer menu is too large for them.

It's a cool place to check out if you're in the area.

My final review for this post is for King's Brewing Company.  Now, admittedly, I tried this one out on a Groupon and perhaps that's the issue.  Though, if you don't want to treat Groupon customers well, why have a Groupon?

We arrived shortly after opening on a Saturday.  My party of 7 (including two minors) were the only one's in there.  We had 4 people drinking with a Groupon for 4.  We felt like second class citizens as treated by the larger gentleman behind the counter.  He acted like he was too busy to accommodate our order.  Just a general rude vibe from him.

Past that, many of their beers aren't available as tasters which is disappointing since most of us use flights as a way to try a variety of beers to determine which one we want a full pour of.  They don't seem to understand that.  They don't seem to understand customer service either though.

The beers I did try were tasty but the lack of service with a smile and ludicrous policy on what can be poured in a paid taster will keep me from going back or recommending this place.

There you have it, three breweries and three reviews.

Remember, when it comes to beer and wine, support local!

No comments:

Post a Comment