The Jaws Series Review

I recently had the pleasure of watching 4 movies I had never seen before thanks to Netflix.  That's right!  I had never seen Jaws or any of the quadrilogy before this year.  You can kick my ass later.  For now, how about you just read what I have to say about the movies?

Stay out of the water


Let me start by saying that effects have come a long way but for the time, this movie was pretty freaking advanced!

Let me also preface this by saying that the sequels are more of the same but not as good so I am not really going to talk about them.  If you like the original, you should watch the sequels and take them with a grain of salt.  Also, check out the Trivia section on IMDB for each film as it can add a little fun to your viewing experience.

OK, so let's talk about Jaws.  Wow!  It's a great movie.  Casting is perfect.  Roy Scheider is phenomenal!  Robert Shaw is scary good.  The real treat here is Richard Deyfuss.  Wowzer!

The tension on set between cast members played out nicely as chemistry between the characters.  If, you are unfamiliar, Shaw was generally a drunk pain in the ass to work with.

The score is one of the most iconic in history and acts as it's own character in the same way that Bruce (the shark) does.  Sure, the effects look cheesy in 2016, but look past them to the great writing and scary music and you are sure to find yourself entertained.

I can absolutely see why beach going tourists dropped in numbers everywhere after this film's release.

All in all, this film is a good rainy day movie to watch on Netflix.  I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it but I enjoyed the time I put into the quadrilogy.  Check all 4 movies out if you have the time!  It certainly beats some of the crap being churned out these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment