Dries My Sack: Hate Speech is Not Protected

Welcome to the next entry in my, ongoing, op-ed. This series is titled "Dries My Sack" and can be compared to the Grinds My Gears segment in Family Guy Presents - Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story. As I find things in life that piss me off, they'll become part of this series. The title for the series comes from a joke my father made while kayaking. I have a "Dry Sack" for keeping things dry during water sports and he made the joke that I should see a doctor. There you go...


Hate is a strong word but I really really really don't like you.
You know what really dries my sack?

Hate speech.

Or more accurately, those that claim they are just using their right to free speech.

Let's be clear, hate speech is not protected.

Sure, you can say whatever you want.  You do indeed have the right to free speech here in America.

However, there are consequences to what you say.

Hate speech is not protected in any way.

If you spread your hatred, I reserve the right to beat the ever living shit out of you.

See how that works?

Say whatever you want but don't be shocked when someone punches you or, on a more accurate note, bans you from Twitter or Facebook or your job.

See, companies have the right to run themselves any way they want within the law and here comes a shocker for the morons out there:

Twitter and Facebook are companies.  That's right!  You don't have any rights there.  If you spread your hatred on their platforms, they absolutely can ban you for it.

It's a little shocking that you have made it this far in life without knowing that.

Networks are companies. Movie studios are companies. If you spread your racist bullshit, they can and absolutely should cancel your show or film. (Winking at you Roseanne.)

Say what you want.  Go ahead.  Anything goes.

But when you complain about being banned, terminated, or punched after doing so, it makes you sound like a bigger idiot than we all already thought you were.

And that's what really dries my sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment