Top Episodes: American Dad!

I am an avid fan of American Dad! I like most of what Seth MacFarlane does. I think he's a hoot. I also recognize that many people despise him. That being said, I think there are some episodes everyone should watch for a variety of reasons.

It beats Family Guy hands down!

Here's my list of my must see episodes from Seth MacFarlane's BETTER animated series. This list covers my favorites through season 10. I will add to it as I watch additional seasons.

Season 1, Episodes 12-13: Stan of Arabia

This is the best season 1 episode.  It places each character exactly where they need to be in a way that even a casual viewer can grasp.  The songs here are top notch!

Season 1, Episode 23: Tears of a Clooney

Hilarity on all sides of this one.  I don't know why I love this episode so much but something about Stan crushing on George does it for me.

Season 2, Episode 4: Lincoln Lover

This episode sums up so much wrong with politics but the song and dance is fantastic!

Season 2, Episode 9: The Best Christmas Story Never

The first in the series' long standing tradition of stand alone holiday episodes.  They are easily the best the series has to offer even if this one isn't the top of the game.

Season 2, Episode 13: Black Mystery Month

A perfect spoof of National Treasure.  Perfect.

Season 3, Episode 8: The Most Adequate Christmas Ever

One of the strongest Christmas episodes, I love the entire concept here.  One could argue that every episode after this one takes place in Heaven.

Season 3, Episode 16: Spring Break-Up

A fun romp of an episode focusing on Stan and Roger with a side of Steve.

Season 4, Episode 9: Stan Time

Tell me you wouldn't take the pill.  Go ahead.

Season 5, Episode 9: Rapture's Delight

This Christmas episode is my favorite as it plays out like a film.  Fantastic writing here!

Season 5, Episode 18: Great Space Roaster

The Comedy Central Roast spoof is hilarious and the constant pop culture references are non stop appropriate.

Season 6, Episode 1: 100 A.D.

This episode was a fun way to kill off 100 characters.  Most of them won't be missed.

Season 6, Episode 8: For Whom the Sleigh Bell Tolls

The thought of Santa being evil is fantastic and I cannot stop singing the Donkey Kong theme like Bob Todd.

Season 7, Episode 2: Hurricane!

This was sort of a crossover with Family Guy and The Cleveland Show but it's definitely not required to see the other two.  I love this one set episode.  It's a great episode.  Watch it.  Now.

Season 7, Episode 7: Season's Beatings

Jesus vs. Santa is a fun Holiday romp but I particularly enjoy the call back to Rapture's Delight at the end.

Season 8, Episode 8: Finger Lenting Good

This is actually an educational episode about habits and sticking to one's plans.  It's fun.

Season 8, Episode 15: The Missing Kink

Standard Seth MacFarlane fare.  Hilarious.  Great music too.  Go watch.

Season 8, Episode 18: Lost in Space

The story of Jeff's abduction and escape is one of the best episodes and oddly features no regular players.

Season 9, Episode 8: Minstrel Krampus

The continuation of the Bad Santa arch is a well done spoof of Beauty and the Beast.

Season 9, Episode 10: Familyland

This episode tells everything bad about the Disney empire in a sort of Westworld meets Lord of the Flies kind of way.

Season 10, Episode 9: Dreaming of a White Porsche Christmas

It's a Wonderful Life AD style.


No comments:

Post a Comment