Must Do Dining on The Big Island

As you might know, I used to be a travel agent. More importantly, I am a self-proclaimed Hawaii expert. This post is about must do dining on The Big Island of Hawaii.  Remember, I don't ever tell you about things I have not done and I never make money off these recommendations.  If you have questions, leave me a comment!

There are many places to eat on the Big Island.  This list contains a few of my favorites!

Green Flash Coffee

Green Flash Coffee is a fantastic place to pick up a great breakfast sandwich and a Haupia latte before heading out for the day!  It's located in south Kailua Kona near a stretch of condos.  We often grabbed it and enjoyed it on our patio at the condo.  It's cheaper than a sit down Hawaiian restaurant but costs more than cooking in the condo. Just keep that in mind.
Rebel Kitchen

 Rebel Kitchen was an accidental discovery above Kona in the Coffee belt.  The food is fantastic.  Some of the best food I had on island.  Outdoor "backyard" style dining where you can enjoy a cold, local beer.  My wife and I get two different meals and split them.  The cost is reasonable for Hawaii at $15/person.
Kona Brewing Company

 Kona Brewing Company Brewpub is a great day out.  They have a delicious menu, even if overpriced.  The real treat here is the tour and tasting.  It gets really crowded.  You can read my full review here.  (NEW WINDOW)
Local, Fresh Coconut

 Pick up a fresh coconut or other fruit of choice from a roadside stand.  Most offer free samples and friendly talks.  Remember to carry cash.  These places don't take the card!
Volcano Winery

 Volcano Winery makes a nice pit stop if you're down in Volcano.  The wine is delicious and the grounds and tasting room are lovely.  My full review can be found here. (NEW WINDOW)
The Kilauea Lodge

 The Kilauea Lodge was a delicious accident.  We had planned to dine elsewhere after hiking around Volcanoes National Park all day but the place was closed.  This place showed up on Google maps and we gave it a shot.  The food is pricey but wow was it delicious.

Paradise Brewing Company

 Paradise Brewing Company offers great views, ono grinds, and tasty beverages.  I recommend the fries and a mai tai!  Hit this place up after a harbor boat ride.  You won't regret it!
Big Island Grill

Big Island Grill is a casual fast food place serving local grinds.  It's some of the best mixed plate I have eaten. We had our reception dinner here and trust me, it was worth every penny, not that we spent a whole lot.  It's around $15 per person for a mixed plate.  Drinks and desserts are extra. Look at the dessert though!

Remember, there is a lot more to do on the island.  If you want me to plan the perfect itinerary for you, drop me an email.  A small fee will apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment