Reboots are a Time Warp

There have been an overwhelming number of reboots in the recent past.  I go into detail about my thoughts on Adaptions, Reboots, and Sequels (NEW WINDOW) in another post but since then, I have had some more thoughts on Reboots...

Rebooting the reboot of the reboot we rebooted.

OK, so not more thoughts, but just one more thought.  It's a big one though.  Stay with me here, OK?

Everybody likes to bitch about reboots.  We all complain endlessly about them.

Some are good, like, well I can't think of any that aren't going to start an argument and since I want you to take away a solid point from this post, I will keep my opinions to myself.

Many are bad.

Most of them aren't asked for and end up being over-budgeted, worse versions of their predecessors...

You know what?  Screw what I said before.  The Kelvin timeline in the Star Trek reboot and it's sequels is fantastic.  Haters can suck it.

What was I saying?  Oh yeah, studios keep churning out reboot after reboot after reboot.  Hell, Spider-Man has been rebooted twice in 14 years.  The studios spend fortunes to retell the same story with different actors, different effects, and occasionally, a new-ish story.  And we, the consumers, keep going to see it and then we complain.

So here's my simple solution to the reboot factory.  If a studio decides to do a reboot, they must charge the same ticket prices that they charged when the original came out.  That's it.  It's simple, really.  The studios won't be able to make money on reboots and they'll stop making them but while we wait for them to realize that, we won't be so quick to complain when we see the reboots because it won't have cost us as much at the box office.

Do we have a deal studios?  I would like credit somewhere if we all agree to this.

OK, well, there's my silly Monday post.  Did you know you can read older blogs by specific categories?  Just use the menu at right (Bottom on mobile) and explore my mind via categories that interest you.  The more interactions a category gets, the more I will write in that category.  If you want to hear my thoughts on something specific, find me on Twitter and let me know!  See you all on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment