Dries My Sack: Voting for Trump

Welcome to the next entry in my, ongoing, op-ed. This series is titled "Dries My Sack" and can be compared to the Grinds My Gears segment in Family Guy Presents - Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story. As I find things in life that piss me off, they'll become part of this series. The title for the series comes from a joke my father made while kayaking. I have a "Dry Sack" for keeping things dry during water sports and he made the joke that I should see a doctor. There you go...

Photo courtesy of ABC News.


You know what really dries my sack?

Trump and his blind supporters. Blind is a special distinction.  I'll get to it.

Stay with me here.  I am not going to attempt to convince you that Hilary is the right choice.  I am not sure she is.  I am 100% positive she's a better choice than Trump and I will be quick in telling you why.

I am a Democrat, or, more appropriately, a "liberal".  I like taking care of others.  I like paying my fair share of taxes as long as you pay yours.  I think you and I should be able to do everything the same. I am silly about equal rights like that.  I think guns have become a problem in this nation because of the people that use them.

I think Obama is the bee's knees.  I was able to rid myself of a horribly crippling cyst because of him.  My myriad of homosexual friends and colleagues can get married because of him.  A major douchebag terrorist is dead because of him.  In short, life in America is way more awesome because of him.  This is my opinion.  It is based on my personal experience and research, but I am just a hard-working, broke-ass American so what do I know.

When Trump announced his intention to run for POTUS, we all laughed because why wouldn't we?  It was laughable.  We made jokes about how a Trump presidency would give SNL a solid 4 years of good episodes for the first time in ever.

Then shit got real.  People started drinking the Kool-Aid.  We all got scared.  He shouted.  They cheered.  He shouted some more.  They ate it up.

Then, for some reason, we voted Hilary as our champion to go against him instead of the far superior Sanders.  It is what it is.

Fast forward to last night.  The first this year and greatest Presidential debate in history happened and Trump was destroyed.  For the first time, in my opinion, Hilary showed her teeth and it worked but I am still scared because Trump has fed so much of his bullshit to so many people that I am scared they can't see the truth.

That truth is that Trump would be bad for America.  I know very few people that will vote for him but somehow, he's a serious contender.  I don't know why.  He would be bad for America.

Here's the problem:  As far as I can tell, Trump supporters have never seen anything he does not want them to see.  Example:  They didn't watch the debate but did watch the spin room afterwards or did visit his Twitter feed or Breitbart or Fox News.  See, fact checking is a wonderful thing but it only works on those that listen.

If I had to venture a guess, no Trump supporter is reading this and if they were, they won't be big enough to open their mind and hear the truth.  I challenge a Trump supporter to tell me in the comments WHY they think Trump will help America.  I don't want to hear Trump's spin on himself.  Hell, I think I am awesome but that's a biased opinion.  I want to know why YOU think he will be great for you in America.  Give me examples of how he will help your life.  Site sources.  But don't tell me you hate Mexico and Muslims and he will fix that.  You don't and he won't.  He's full of shit like every politician.  I don't want that big huge political crap.  I want to know, specifically, how he'll help you.

I want to keep it civil, but I need you to know he is bad for America and part of me thinks you're just voting for him because he's a celebrity that has a loud voice.  You're a squirrel watching something shiny and you're distracted from the facts.  Remember the last time you voted for a celebrity?  The Terminator destroyed California.  All I am really asking here is that you vote with facts, not just because Trump has a loud shout and you are caving to his fear-mongering.

If you need help understanding everything that went wrong with last night's debate, click here. (NEW WINDOW)

This post and this election isn't about Democrat vs. Republican.  It's about our future and voting Trump blindly just because you're republican or he's loud or he's a celebrity or you're scared is not OK.

And that's what really dries my sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment